Hotel Frei Galvão em Guaratinguetá o primeiro santo brasileiro


Religious Tourism in Guaratinguetá

Igreja de Frei Galvão em Guaratinguetá

Church of Frei Galvao.

Church of Frei Galvao

Located in the Jardim do Vale, the Church was built in 1998 and dedicated to Saint Frei Galvão and St. Joseph, is a place of prayer and pilgrimage. Inside, beautiful paintings depict some of the miracles of Frei Galvão.

Visitors to the Shrine Frei Galvão has the opportunity to see the relics of the first Brazilian Saint, they are: The Cross, The Cassock and the Bone.

Spot is celebrated Mass every day at 14:30 pm Come pray with us and have moments of faith and prayer.

The church is located at boulevard José Cruz Pereira, 53. Jardim do Vale - Guaratinguetá.

Frei Galvao's House

The original house was of adobe and cob wall and was rebuilt by private enterprise in 1989 using part of the ancient building material. On the ground floor is the room of relics with objects related to the first Brazilian saint. The house is listed by the municipality for its historical value and for its architecture that preserves the style of the Colonial era.

The Relic Room - Located on pristine home Frei Galvao, on the ground floor, which is aimed at Rua Frei Lucas. This is an area of 50 m2, where relics are on display, furniture, pictures and paintings.

Casa de Frei Galvão

Frei Galvao's House.

he floor, reconstituted, is bricks. On the wall that faces the street Friar Galvao, the mud was covered and its thickness can be observed at the top.

he rooms display posters with passages of life and miracles of the saint, the pulpit that he used to pray and fragments of a cassock. In the house there are neighbor tables, cards and messages of thanks from the faithful.

Catedral de Santo Antonio

Cathedral of St. Anthony

Cathedral of St. Anthony

In one of the highest points of the center of Guaratinguetá is the cathedral of St. Anthony, which dates back to the founding of the city and was undergoing renovations over the years.

Built in 1630, was then a chapel. The first expansion came in the 18th century, when it gained its current dimension. In the following century, has been recast following the taste of the coffee barons. In 1913, it underwent further reform, which earned him the current neo-classical facade, designed by architect Joseph Sacchet Sao Paulo.

All phases have left traces in the temple. The windows and doors of the sacristy are the expansion of the 18th century. The altars are from the 18th and 19th centuries. And the facade is 20th century.

Upon entering the church on the left, behind a colonial port, is a chapel where there is an image of Friar Galvao, relics of the friar and the font where he received the first sacrament of the Catholic Church. It was also at the cathedral that he prayed his first mass.

The main highlight of the church is a curious image of St. Anthony that is the altar. 18th century, it had been repainted several times. A restoration discovered peculiar characteristics. The costume of the saint, painted brown, it was revealed an elaborate blue robe decorated with gold stamping. But the main surprise was the face: that St. Anthony has a goatee.